You won’t believe how tasty this 2 ingredient easy stir fry sauce is! Enjoy with your favourite veggies, protein, and noodles or rice.
What do you do when you realize you need to use up the veggies in your fridge ASAP?
In my home, I make a stir fry!
And since it tends to be a Plan B, I don’t want a complicated sauce involving special ingredients I need to shop for.
This 2 ingredient stir fry sauce fits the bill for something that…
a) uses ingredients I always have in the fridge
b) is super quick and easy!
c) is downright tasty!
How to make a stir-fry
A stir fry is one of those non-recipe recipes. If you understand the basic process, you don’t need a recipe or to measure anything!
- Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a work or large frying pan. I like to use sesame oil for the flavour it provides.
- Fry your protein: thinly sliced chicken, pork, or beef strips, shrimp, or tofu cubes. Season lightly with salt.
- Once the protein is cooked, remove it to a bowl.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan and fry your thinly sliced veggies. I also like to add minced garlic. Season lightly with salt.
- Return the protein to the pan to reheat.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Serve the stir fried veggies and protein over rice or noodles. Top with sauce and (my favourite) chopped peanuts and green onions.
Why This Easy Stir Fry Sauce is a Smart Choice
I’m not going to lie; this stir fry sauce is heavy on the sugar. Most stir fry sauces are. But I’m still okay with it for a couple of reasons.
- You don’t need to use a lot of it to get good flavour.
- It can be the means to eating a butt load of veggies! A little bit of sugar for a lot of veggies is a good balance in my books.
2 Ingredient Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- Mix the two ingredients together and serve over your favourite stir-fried veggies, protein, and rice or noodles!
- Top with peanuts and sliced green onion for extra flavour.
Check out these other SUPER easy meal ideas!