Chocolate and peanut butter were made for each other. At the very least, my baby…
A perfect post workout protein smoothie with the ideal ratio of carbs to protein.
Are you of the mindset that the only way to bump up the protein in your life is by adding protein powder to your food?
For professional athletes and people looking to build muscle mass (either recreationally or due to a medical condition), specific protein powders may possibly be beneficial.
But for the rest of us, we can get the protein we need from whole foods. There’s nothing wrong with protein powers and if you want to spend your whole paycheque on a tub of vanilla flavoured powder then please, be my guest, lol! But you can easily get enough protein with everyday foods from your grocery store.
Like cottage cheese… That’s what’s in this recipe. Cottage cheese makes for a deliciously creamy smoothie and is high in protein.
This recipe boasts 16 grams of protein (if you enjoy both servings at once). Take that, protein powder!
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.
Peaches n Cream Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup orange or mango juice
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients (in the order listed) into blender. Start on low then gradually turn to high speed and blend until smooth.
- Add more juice as needed to get a smooth blend.
- Most of these smoothies are on the less sweet side. If it’s not sweet enough for your liking, feel free to add a tablespoon of a liquid sweetener such as frozen juice concentrate, honey, maple or agave syrup.