This is a super-flavourful spread for crostini, crackers such as Ryvyta, or whole grain rice cakes. It could also be used on a sandwich with chicken breast, mozza cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
Why It’s A Smart Choice
- Sunflower seeds contain a large amount of antioxidants, which can protect your cells from free radical damage
- Each 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds has 8 g of protein and 4 g of fibre. This combination will help to curb an early return of your appetite
- Sunflower seeds are a great source of Vitamin E. A 1/4 cup will give you over 2/3 of your daily intake goal. Vitamin E helps to keep your immune system healthy and prevent chronic heart disease
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.
Roasted Tomato Pizza Butter
- ¾ cup pine nuts
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup roasted or sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Process according to your appliance's manufacturer's instructions for nut and seed butters.
- Be careful not to overheat your machine!
- Keep refrigerated.
[share title=”Share This Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]