I almost always have a bean-based dip in our fridge. One of my go-to lunches…
Sweet Curry Hummus Recipe [+ VIDEO]
Easy, healthy, gluten free, vegan, mild, sweet: what’s not to love about this naturally sweetened curry hummus?
Quick, name one food you always NEED in the fridge!
In our house, it’s hummus because it checks off so many boxes:
- Everyone loves it
- It’s a convenient lunch, snack, or…. emergency pregnancy food 🙂
- It’s nourishing and filling
- It makes my husband happy
- and best of all….it encourages us to eat more veggies!
I typically make hummus every week. Part of the reason we don’t get sick of it is that I’ve developed a few recipes to keep on rotation!
- Caramelized onion hummus
- Thai red hummus
- Chili lime black bean dip
- Spinach and artichoke hummus with feta
- Brownie Batter Hummus
- Chipotle hummus
- Rosemary balsamic hummus
- … to name a few!
learn how to make this sweet curry hummus (35 seconds):
why this sweet curry hummus is a smart choice
Not only is hummus nourishing, a good source of iron, healthy fat, and protein, it’s also super convenient and versatile! With hummus in the fridge you can slather it on a sandwich, make a wrap, or use it as a dip for veggies or crackers!
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations!
sweet curry hummus
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed or 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup canola or olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup tahini or sesame seeds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup date paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Start on low then turn to high speed. Blend or process until smooth.
- Transfer to a sealable container and store in the fridge.
Calories: 98| Fat: 7.5g | Carbs: 6g | Fibre: 1g | Sugar: 1.5g | Protein: 1.5g
[share title=”Share This Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]
Leave a Reply