Homemade Baby Biscuits
Babies don’t need teething rusks but it sure is nice to give them something that they can easily pick up and eat. That’s where this recipe for baby biscuits comes in.
Why It’s the Smart Choice
While rusks are just starch, sugar, and salt, these biscuits are full of nutrients that babies need, like iron.
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.
- 1 banana or ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup dry iron-fortified infant cereal
- ¼ cup flour (all purpose, whole wheat or gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the fruit, butter, and egg yolks with a fork until well-mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir, using a spoon.
- Roll into 24 small balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in a sealed container in the fridge. These will be good for several days.
Share This Article