I probably wonder too much about things that don't need wondering about. Such as "where…
Vegan, glutenfree, and EASY, this pumpkin maple granola will satisfy your pumpkin spice craving! Try it with yogurt for a hearty breakfast!
I am a super minimalist. For this recipe, I took a Pumpkin Maple Pecan Granola recipe from The Minimalist Baker and minimized it even more. I like to use as few dishes as possible, so I simply adjusted the ingredient quantities to make use of fewer measuring cups, bowls, and pans.
I’m also a minimalist when it comes to my spice drawer. The original recipe called for pumpkin spice mix, but I don’t keep spice mixes on hand. Instead, I keep the individual spices and combine them as needed. Spices lose their spiciness over time, so not keeping blends on hand allows me to go through them faster.
So, enjoy this minimalist recipe for a delightfully light granola, perfect to munch on while you rake leaves this fall. 🙂
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.
Pumpkin Maple Pecan Granola
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree use the 1/4 cup twice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted pumpkin seeds aka pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin, and brown sugar in a large pot. Heat over medium low until the oil has melted and all ingredients are well combined.
- Next, stir in the spices and salt.
- Then add in the oats, pecan, and pumpkin seeds. Stir to combine well.
- Pour onto a large baking sheet. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir and bake another 10 minutes.
- Granola is done when it is just starting to turn brown (look for a golden colour). If it’s not done yet, stir, put back in oven, and check at 3 minute intervals.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you love pumpkin, check out these recipes!