Don’t you ever want to have apple crisp for breakfast? Don’t lie. I know I’m not the only one. You’re tempted but the responsible side of you says that you should keep dessert in its place. Well, it’s time to let loose! This recipe is fruit heavy, easy on the butter and sugar, and has the added bonus of flax.
Oh, and I recommend a dollop of yogurt on top instead of ice cream….. but if you break out the ice cream, I won’t tell.
Not only is this recipe a legit breakfast food, it is also super quick to make because it’s done in the microwave!
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.
Breakfast Berry Apple Crisp
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon flour wheat or gluten free
- 1 tablespoon toasted or ground flax seeds
- 1 apple cored, and chopped into chunks
- 1 cup blackberries
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Then add the sugar, vanilla, salt, oats, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Place the apple and berries in a microwave safe medium casserole dish. Top with the oat mixture.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Top with yogurt or milk (optional).
Which other desserts do you wish you could have for breakfast?
[share title=”Share This Article” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]