Ginger beef made easy by cooking everything on a sheetpan! Flavourful, delicious, & healthier, with…
This pesto gnocchi gives you gourmet taste without the work! Dinner in 30 minutes with only 5 minutes of prep!
Sheet pan dinners continue to amaze me with how both simple and delicious they are and I think…. this pesto gnocchi just might be my favourite sheet pan dinner to date! I keep catching myself reminiscing about how tasty it was and planning on when I’m going to make it again…..
Let’s review why sheet pan dinners are so awesome:
- They’re ridiculously easy. The pan and the oven do all the work for you! Compared with sauteeing, there’s no need to hover nearby and stir. Just dump and go!
- Minimal clean up. With this recipe, the only prep dishes you’ll need to clean are the knife, cutting board, measuring cup, pan, and lifter. That’s FIVE measly dishes!
- They make eating veggies a treat. I don’t know why but roasting veggies just wasn’t a “thing” when I was a kid. I think if it had been, I would have been a lot more keen on eating them! Roasting veggies dampens the bitterness and brings out the sweetness locked deep down inside a veggie that you never knew was there!
And this pesto gnocchi is probably my favourite yet! Baking is the best way to cook gnocchi: you don’t even need to boil it first! You heard me right: NO BOILING NEEDED!
Why This Pesto Gnocchi is a Smart Choice
Healthy fats, slow acting carbs, and plenty ‘o veggies makes this a stellar nutritious meal! The only thing I think it could use is a bit more protein.
To bump up the protein you could add some chicken sausage to the pan, or once the pesto gnocchi has been cooked you could add some pan fried, chopped eggs, rotisserie chicken, or mozzarella cheese to your bowl.
Pesto Gnocchi on a Sheet Pan
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 package 500g or 17.5 oz gnocchi
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese optional for serving
- Fresh basil ribboned (optional for serving)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the pesto to cover most of the baking sheet.
- Dump the gnocchi (uncooked: no need to boil first!) and cut veggies. Move side to side to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir to combine with a spatula.
- Serve with parmesan cheese & basil for sprinkling (optional).