Looking for a tasty post-workout smoothie? Look no further. I have the answer for you.
To help your body recover after a workout, there are certain nutrients you need:
- Carbs to replenish your muscle’s glycogen stores. Glycogen is how carbs are stored in the body to provide fast fuel for your muscles. This recipe provides 50g of carbs.
- Protein: when you workout, you make tiny tears in your muscles. These need to be repaired with protein. This recipe provides 14 g of protein.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA): these are specific protein building blocks that actually increase the rate at which your body repairs and builds muscle. This recipe provides 3.25 g of BCAA.
Why It’s A Smart Choice
Money savings, yo. Those protein powders aren’t cheap! Spend your money elsewhere, like supporting this blog for example! Use the sidebar on your right to buy a cookbook or shop on Amazon, I appreciate it all!
If you give this recipe a go, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or snap a photo and tag it with #smartnutritionrecipes on Instagram! I’d love to see your creations! Knowing someone has enjoyed one of my recipes always makes my day brighter.
- 1 banana (cut into chunks and frozen)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp skim milk powder (see note)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Turn on low and then slowly up to high speed.
- Blend until smooth.
- The skim milk powder is optional but without it the recipe will be lower in protein.
Share This Article