This creamy tomato sauce for bow tie pasta is made by throwing a few ingredients…
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Raw, safe to eat, and easy to make! While these cookie dough bites contain CHICKPEAS, they truly taste like the real deal! Includes gluten free adaptation.
Hands up if you ever wanted to eat cookie dough but you stopped yourself because of those raw eggs!
Fear the risk of salmonella no more because I’ve got a food-safe cookie dough for you!
I typically make them into little bites but let’s be honest friends, feel free to just grab a spoon and dig in, if that’s what your heart is calling you to do. This is a judgment-free zone!
The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bite Ingredients
I just want you to pause your scroll, and take a look at these ingredients: I created these with ingredients you’d actually find in cookie dough!
But then I tweaked and balanced them out with some chickpeas to add fibre, protein, iron, included some almond flour for healthy fats, protein, and fibre, and kept the sugar content relatively low. It’s still sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth, but they’re not overly sticky sweet, if you know what I mean!
And then let’s look at that texture… again: I made sure these replicated the real deal! This is a legit cookie dough texture. Your cookie dough cravings will be satisfied.
Want More Protein?
You can add 2-4 tbsp of whey protein isolate, which will add 1-2g of protein to each bite.
How to Make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
The only tools you’ll need to make these cookie dough bites are a food processor and your hands! You’ll first create a smooth puree with the chickpeas and wet ingredients, then blend in the dry ingredients until a smooth dough ball forms. Then you’ll dump the dough into a bowl and knead the chocolate chips in by hand.
You could opt to blend the chocolate chips in with the food processor but you’ll crush a lot of them by the time you get them mixed relatively evenly throughout.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2-4 tbsp white sugar *see note 1
- ¼ cup pasteurized whole eggs *see note 2
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose wheat flour (to make gluten free, skip the wheat flour and use a total of 2 cups almond flour) *see note 3
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the chickpeas, butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla to a food processor.
- Process on low speed until smooth, scaping the sides down as necessary.
- Add in the flours and salt.
- Process on low speed until a ball of smooth dough forms.
- Remove to a bowl and add in the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, knead in the chocolate chips.
- Form into 36 balls. For more uniform ball sizes, use a small cookie scoop.
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge!
- You can use a range of 2-4 tbsp of sugar, depending on how sweet you want the balls to be.
- Pasteurized eggs are found in a tetra pac carton and are necessary to reduce the risk of food borne illness.
- Consuming raw flour has a higher risk of food borne illness. If you want to make your flour extra safe, you can place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
Looking for more snack ideas?
These are some of the top recipes on my site!
- No bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars
- Mix n match energy ball recipe (use what you’ve got on hand!)
- Homemade Aussie Bites
- Two Bite Protein Brownies
Leave a Reply